Integrative Nutrition Health and Wellness Coaching coming soon for people with RA and or other autoimmune diseases in late June or early July. My Integrative Nutrition Health and Wellness program and 1-month and 6-month one-on-one coaching with me will be available as well as group coaching.
Who I work with:
Clients who usually work with me are looking for support in food and lifestyle changes that will help improve their health and well-being. Because I have had RA since I was around 8 or 9 years old, I am passionate about helping other people with autoimmune diseases in finding their healing by way of Integrative Nutrition and looking to their bio-individuality.
Why I am so passionate about helping people with RA and other autoimmune diseases and why I am becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health and Wellness Coach:
I was first diagnosed at age 8 or 9 with JIA (Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis) and then later as an adult with Sero-Negative Rheumatoid Arthritis. My grandmother had been an invalid from RA since she had been 16 as well as my mom has RA severely with deformed hands and feet. And, my brother and niece both have severe Ulcerative Colitis, so I am passionate about helping other people with autoimmune diseases because I know what it is like to feel hopeless and see your health and well-being slipping away and wondering if this is it and fearing it will only get worse. For myself, several years ago, I was looking into getting an electric scooter because I could no longer walk through stores, walk up a flight of stairs ( I literally only ever took an elevator), or take my daughter to a park and walk through it as well as going from the closest parking spot at the library or store to inside a store I would have to sit down and take a break and rest. I also suffered from severe RA inflammation in the brain and every day as I would flare more throughout the day or start to go into another flare I would have horrible brain fog and I would struggle to get words out, or I would forget words, occasionally I would slur a word, or I would struggle with trying to find my way around in a store and trying to find the items on my grocery list (this was before grocery delivery) because of my RA brain fog, and I also had a hoarse voice from the joint in my throat flaring and would sound raspy at times. Along with brain fog and brain inflammation, I would have joint pain, joint swelling, body pain, and RA body inflammation, and if I was in a flare and accidentally did too much I would be bedridden for a few days for up to three months. And any sickness I got from a cold to pneumonia could put me down and bedridden for up to 3 months from my RA flaring and my body’s slow recovery from the cold I had.
I also had what my life partner coined really tiny RA Amber batteries that I could never overuse and we figured out that I needed to treat myself not as a healthy person with a 100% battery but as as a sick person with only a 40% battery and so I learned to do only small tasks and do them one at a time and then I would take a break and ask myself if I could do another small task and this was my life for the past several years and I felt feelings of hopelessness and that I would be disabled for the rest of my life. And then, about 3 years ago, with severe RA brain fog and my tiny little Amber batteries, I slowly started teaching myself the AIP Autoimmune Protocol Pale diet and switching over to only eating whole foods and non packaged or boxed or processed foods that were nutrient-dense and higher in Omega 3 fatty acids, and then later I added in time-restricted eating of 16/8 plus I started focusing on improving my overall wellbeing and lifestyle and this has allowed me to finally get completely off my RA heavy-duty combo of meds of Methotrexate 8 pills a week and Rinvoq (before that I had been on Enbrel and Humira) and for the first time in my life, thrive. I no longer have any RA brain fog or brain inflammation. I no longer have any RA body inflammation or joint pain or swelling. And, I finally no longer have fatigue or exhaustion. And, because I feel so fricken amazing and not buried under RA symptoms anymore and I no longer have any fears of flaring, I am following my passion of wanting to help others get out from under their autoimmune disease and start thriving by using an Integrative Nutrition Health and Wellness approach.
What an Integrative Nutrition Health and Wellness Coach is NOT:
- a nutritionist or someone who is qualified to prescribe any medications nor take the place of a GP or any other form of psychological or psychiatric counselor or Doctor.
- a Health Coach is NOT supposed to replace any of the above, rather it is there to support and complement other health care professionals.
- Coaches do NOT provide diagnosis, give treatment recommendations, order or interpret labs, recommend or sell supplements, provide psychotherapy, or design exercise plans.
What an Integrative Nutrition Health and Wellness Coach can DO:
- partner with you and guide you through overall lifestyle changes, with a focus on nutrition and wellbeing.
- Since, I am aquiring a broad understanding of many differfent dietary theories and tools, I can mentor you to improve your overall health and wellbeing through food changes and lifestyle changes. And, where I am being trained and in school at, IIN focusus on the idea that health isn’t just what you eat, but recognizes that things like relationships, work, exercise, and spirituality play a huge part in our health.
- I can be a part of your health care team and help you understand the diagnosis and plan of care you’ve been given, provide general education about biomarkers, educate you to become a discerning consumer, listen with compassion and acknowledge the emotions you are having and going through, and empower you to also seek information and create your own personalized plans.
- refer you to experts and reputable resources.
Fill out the form below to be put on my waitlist and in around early July I will contact you to set up a 35-minute free consultation discovery talk. The discovery zoom video call or phone call will be to see what you want and what your bio-individual needs are and to see if we can work well together as having a coach is like having a partner and cheerleader on your health and wellness journey so it is important to know that we’ll make a great team.